January 14, 2010

You are now in the presence of Royalty!


Today we look at Eggplant, Lavender and Chartreuse. I am really excited about this new trend. I think it is going to give a fresh new face to the green we all love. I think sage green and brown have been so over-saturated and pink and brown and tiffany blue and brown are so tired! I honestly am SOOO BORED! So, when I did a wedding in New York a month ago and the bride asked me to do something new that hadn't been seen much lately, I thought of eggplant, lavender and chartreuse. I have to tell you that this burst of inspiration came from her telling me that just because her wedding was smack in the middle of Christmas and Hanukkah, she was absolutely NOT INTERESTED in anything holiday related. In fact, she almost wanted a fall or spring feel! So, this is where this glorious combination came from! I did lots of research and found lots of great things so I decided that it was going to be one of five new trends I was going to try to use lots of in 2010! So far, I have had lots of interest in it and brides are loving it! So, we will see what you think...


Purple is the color of royalty. It's a mysterious color associated with both nobility and spirituality. The opposites of hot red and cool blue combine to create this intriguing color. And that it is... Purple has a special, almost sacred place in nature: lavender, orchid, lilac, and violet flowers are often delicate and considered precious. Because purple is derived from the mixing of a strong warm and strong cool color it has both warm and cool properties.

Deep or bright purples suggest riches while lighter purples are more romantic and delicate. Use redder purples for a warmer color scheme or the bluer purples to cool down.
Green and purple can be a striking combination in deep or bright jewel tones or use lighter shades for a cheerful, springlike feel.

Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance.

All of these aspects combined really provide a rich palate that is sure to please not only the couple but the guests too! So, take a look! Enjoy! And sit up straight... You are now in the presence of royalty!





This is a gorgeous color palate from La Tavola! WOW! I would do the Dark Eggplant as your floor length linen and the lighter as your overlay and then accent with the chartreuse as your napkin. Either tie a great eggplant bow around it or even just fold it and place it under a clear glass gold beaded charger...




Then, pair it with this gorgeous centerpiece in a chocolate brown wax vase! STUNNING! LOVE IT!!! We used this as an inspiration for the flowers for the wedding in New York City. They are shown below. We ended up adding more green to the arrangement. SO PRETTY!




You can either use Ivory candles or just votives or both! Candlelight is amazing and personally I don't think you can ever have too much of it!



This is a great example of the eggplant and chartreuse together! Great menu cards!!!
LOVE THIS!




Love this story board! Mostly, I love the chivari chairs with the great eggplant bow through the back of the chair! The shoe is pretty adorable too!



OKAY!!! I LOVE THIS! This is a HUGE statement in a room with very little cost involved. There are several people that might be able to help you do this... You will have to talk to a lighting company, or your DJ might be able to do it, or if you are getting married at a hotel you can talk to the Audio Visual Department. This is a GOBO light. Basically, they will make a die cut of the image or text you want lit on the wall. They place it in front of the light and it shines up on the wall! HOW GREAT DOES THAT LOOK??? Accent the area with huge Chinese paper lanterns in your colors!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!






GORGEOUS CAKE!!!!




Here is another little story board with a great purple cake and the flowers from above!
SO PRETTY!!!






Now... If you are feeling SUPER REGAL, I think you should consider this INCREDIBLE brocade damask linen! WOW! What a statement! I love it!!!



Then, use this as your cake! GORGEOUS!!!








And if you are SUPER BRAVE, wear this INCREDIBLE eggplant wedding gown! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!




Precious bridesmaids dress! Love the simple purple for the groom too! The flowers are pretty spectacular too!





Just another great board! Love the flowers at the top!!!




This is great too! Look at these little individual cakes set on purple china!!! And the invitation is great too! The flower girl dress is adorable!



I LOVE THIS!!! This is just an addition to the one above! Love the china and the flowers! Just put this with a green linen. GORGEOUS!!!






GORGEOUS COLOR!!! WOW!!!



Love this cake again!!! And the centerpieces are incredible!!! WOW




On December 13, 2009, I was fortunate enough to do a wedding in New York City at the Mandarin Oriental! It really was a dream! As many of you know, I have always dreamed of living in the city but recently realized that that is a dream of the past and that I will just visit NYC several times a year and hope that I am lucky enough to work there some! So, when my client called and said that her daughter was getting married in NYC and that she wanted me to do the wedding, I was THRILLED! They chose the Mandarin as their ceremony and reception location. I was lucky enough to work with Leah Silberman - the Senior Catering Executive! SHE WAS UNBELIEVABLE! HUGE CHEERS TO LEAH! She was a lifesaver for me! The bride took my suggestion and used the colors we are looking at today! She loved them! They TOTALLY worked in that room. It was a brunch wedding during the holidays so the colors were great because they had NOTHING to do with the holidays - which is what the bride wanted. Just another example of what you can do with these gorgeous colors... More to come on the NYC wedding when I actually get the professional pictures back! Can't wait...



So, this is the ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS cake that Sylvia Weinstock and I came up with. The bride wanted something really simple and Sylvia took our ideas and truly made a masterpiece. The pictures don't do it justice. The colors were so rich and vibrant. It was iced in butter cream and the green fondant ribbon trim was perfect. Then, Sylvia made the most beautiful sugar flowers I have EVER seen! The wedding guests could not believe they were not real! I also attached a close-up shot so you can see the intricate details! UNBELIEVABLE!!!



Look at this! Even the leaves looked real! WOW! Sylvia is quite the talent! It was such a dream to work with her! I have to tell you... I have ALWAYS dreamed of working with her and it was all I dreamed of! She left me a voicemail one day and I STILL have it saved on my phone! Kind of like a celebrity called me personally! Well, she is a celebrity in the cake world! I hope to work with her again someday!!!


Eggplant, Lavender and Chartreuse! GORGEOUS! I am not really a purple person but I have to tell you - I really do like this combination! I just think it is so fresh!!! And sooooo different! I have seen enough pink and green, enough ivory, white and green and enough green and brown to last me a lifetime!!! So, this new palate is such a breath of fresh air! Tomorrow's colors are Fuchsia and Navy! WHEW!!! Bet you haven't seen a wedding in those colors! Well, let me tell you... It is sooooo fun! It will brighten your Friday and make you smile from ear to ear!!!

LOOK HOW FUN!!! GET EXCITED!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment